After School Enrichment
You are here
Students in grades Preschool to six interested in learning skills outside of the regular academic realm can enroll in enrichment courses held on campus after school. These classes are taught by professionals from outside organizations, and there are additional fees, which vary by class, to enroll.
Enrichment courses being offered include:
- Hula: In addition to learning hula ‘olapa (ancient) and hula ku’i (modern) types of dance, participants will gain an understanding of the Hawaiian culture. Basic dance technique, performance etiquette and rhythmic and vocal accompaniment will be areas of focus.
- Chinese: Participants will be introduced to the language through varied instruction, including games, songs, stories, festival customs and fun activities.
- Choir: Through each song, students will practice singing, performing, improvising and reading music notation.
- Musical Theatre: Participants will learn songs and choreography and do scene-work from musicals. While building skills as actors, singers and dancers, they will learn to create characters, projection enunciation and acting a song.
- Private Piano (the Masaki School of Music): The fundamentals of playing the piano will be covered, including the basics of correct hand position, rhythm and note reading. Those with previous playing experience will be evaluated, and they will further their study with scales, exercises and etudes.
- Smart Karate: A fun and innovative martial arts program that also focuses on character development and discipline.
- Zumbatomic: This fun, healthy course teaches participants the Zumba program’s unique formula while getting tips about discipline and getting fit. The Zumbatomic program is totally kid-friendly, with songs, dances and actions promoting the theme of a healthy lifestyle.
For more information, contact us.